Thursday, September 24, 2009

Paper Dresses

I have never been able to watch Project Runway until this season. We don't get Bravo, but we do get Lifetime! So, I'm watching, and I find it fascinating to see what those creative designers can do. On last Thursday's episode, they were challenged to make something with newspapers from the Los Angeles Times. That program inspired today's post. I just wanted to show you some paper dresses from 1968. Campbell's Soup -for two soup labels and $1.00:
The Yellow Pages dress could be had for $1.00, as well:
This one wasn't paper- but it was considered "disposable". That's close enough for me! It would have set you back $3.00:

I just thought they were something fun to share with you.
And I'm looking forward to tonight's new Project Runway episode!

3 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

I remember the paper dresses. There must have been more of them, perhaps as magazine features. I never had one, but I remember wanting one, who knows why, probably because it would be "stylish". Love the one with the cat! Love T

yosemite faith said...

i am glad you can finally get project runway although i am a bit sorry that it is no longer on bravo - oh well. with all the legal stuff bravo and lifetime had going this years season is almost 2 years old!!!!! glad you did a paper dress post.

Barbara said...

Don't you wish you had an actual Campbell's Soup dress? I think I saw one on Antiques Roadshow once worth some astonishing sum. I am loving this season's Project Runway (probably because I've picked the same designers to eliminate each week) and I thought some of those paper designs were amazing. That coat that won! Wow.