Monday, September 14, 2009

What's Penny Wearing? #12

Well, we still have another week of summer, and today Penny Lane is wearing a vintage dress I wore to a summer wedding eighteen years ago:
A friend at work altered it to fit me, and I was delighted with it.
A nice vintage handbag to carry, a handkerchief, and a bracelet my husband gave me:
Beautiful clip-on earrings, which are actually more aqua in color than they look here, and the butterfly hair stick - both gifts from my sister Tina that just happen to go perfectly with my lace dress:
The dress on this pattern was so similar, I just had to save this image to show you. This is a picture of a lovely collage that was made by the ultra-talented Julie over at Jane's Apron.
It has already been sold in her etsy shop, but she sells all kinds of delightful creations!

6 comments:

yosemite faith said...

love that vintage dress! penny lane is so lucky to have your things to wear. is the lady that made your blanket coat the same one that altered this dress? i am in love with this dress.
i have all my moms and some of my grams hankies. so that means i have lots and lots and.......you get the idea.

Tina Dawn said...

That Penny is so together! And what great taste she has in earrings and hair ornaments ;-) Love T

Heidi Ann said...

Hey Faith! Wow- you have a good memory! Yes, Mardean (Mardy) Carter was the woman who made the Pendleton coat, as well. She was one very talented and crafty lady. I am glad you like my dress. I just wish I had someplace to wear it, now that it finally fits me again!

julie (jane's apron) said...

Lovely dress!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Beautiful Dress! Wow! How elegant!
I love the accessories too! I would like to see you in it!!!

Lindsey

barbara said...

What great colors! I'm so impressed you kept that dress.