Friday, October 30, 2009

A Wonderful Birthday Weekend

Oh, I had such a wonderful birthday weekend! It started the day before my birthday, when a friend I hadn't seen for almost a year called and said she had the day off the next day, and asked if we could get together - so we spent the day going to yard sales and thrift stores! That was fun - and it was so great to see and spend time with her.

The deer at left, above was a gift from Lori, and I loved the sweet vintage card Tina gave me!
And below - as promised - a picture of my birthday cake!!

Look at this beautiful watercolor - now I have one of her "originals"! Painted by Tina:
It was a Ransburg weekend! Tina gave me the waxed-paper dispenser; Lori gave me the yellow canister, and I found the white set at a thrift store on my way home!

Lori gave me the gorgeous rose platter, and I found the doll at another thrift store. Her dress is rather tattered, but I believe that she was quite the lady in her day:

I found this sweater at a thrift store on my birthday, and the next day my friend Marcia gave me this gorgeous scarf! Would you just look at how perfect they are together!?

Thank you everyone! All of you made my birthday weekend very special, indeed.

6 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

We had fun too! That is great that you found the white canister set, what a Ransburg treasure trove have now. I'm glad you like my painting. The cake was definitely yummy. Love T

yosemite faith said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
yosemite faith said...

a ransburg waxed paper dispenser!? OMG! the cake is so pretty - where did you get it or did some talented friend/family make it? you hit pay dirt on eveything. tina the painting is beautiful! how was dinner Heidi?
glad everything went well and you enjoyed your b-day celebrations!

Unknown said...

I loved your party, Heidi. And I can't believe you found those canisters on the way home! Wow!
Love, Deb

Shara said...

You did get a Birthday cake! A store bought cake! Happy Birthday to YOU!

Barbara said...

I think it's amazing you found that gorgeous canister set on your birthday weekend. All of your gifts are beautiful (so's the cake!) Happy birthday, Heidi, even if I'm a few days late.