Friday, January 23, 2009

More Stuff I Found In The House

I know you might be getting tired of all this - but I get so excited when I find more neat stuff. I realized that maybe I had never looked up on the very top shelf in the cupboard above our little telephone nook near the kitchen. Inside of old stationery and card boxes, I found these:
The baby announcements are mostly from the mid-to-late 1940"s. I also found birthday cards and invitations from the 1950's. I about went crazy when I saw the little cowboy boots!
And how about that dancing candy, below? I love dancing candy. Dancing around cake. Looks like my kind of party.
I also found neat old hotel brochures from the 1930's:
But my greatest find? A Disneyland Hotel brochure form 1957!! I've never seen one before. The family went and stayed there, so this is what she received after sending in a deposit. Oh - and the price of the most expensive suite was $25 a night.
I was really tickled to find that!
(Edited to add: My friend Kari pointed out in her comment that the Disneyland Hotel letter is dated exactly 52 years ago today! I hadn't noticed!)

12 comments:

The Viewliner Limited said...

The brochures are awesome. You should do a post on each one them. Great stuff.

Celestial Charms said...

Beautiful cards and those brochures are a treasure. If your interested I host a group called "Vintage Baby Cards" on Flickr. We would love you to add your baby cards there. No pressure, Heidi...just a shout out!
Or maybe you would just like to admire the cards that are already posted.
Vintage Baby Cards

Maureen

Twyla and Lindsey said...

You find the best stuff and RIGHT in your own house! Those baby announcements are gorgeous. Lindsey absolutely loves those, I can't wait till she gets home to show her this post! Twyla

Unknown said...

Very cool, Heidi!

Anonymous said...

heidi - i love the cowboy boots and the dancing candy too!!!!! 1957 ish is when i went to disneyland and if i ever get back in the cottage i still have some type of brochure or program that i saved for you. i love that you found some disney! guess you were meant to live in that house......don't you think? faith

Anonymous said...

Did you notice that the Disney brochure has TODAYS DATE ON IT!!??? How cool is that!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

OOOOHHHH WOW! How awesome!
Dancing Candy! Can it get any better?!
I love, love, love your cards! You found some beautiful ones. I hope you find more!
Have a great weekend, Lindsey

Anonymous said...

Wowza!!! Those cards!!! The 40s and 50s are my favorite era for cards! Sooo adorable. yeah, Lindsey will love them, too!

Deanna said...

Hi Heidi!
Thanks for visiting me at my blog. I just read some of your blog and I am enchanted with all of your pictures. I collect vintage items as well and have quite a bit still left to post on my blog.

I'm putting you on my favorites list. I'd love to have you visit again!

Warmly,
Deanna :)

Pearl said...

What Awesome finds! Like Lindsey, I adore the Vintage cards... those red boots are too incredible, aren't they?! I really liked the pink 'n blue cowgirl + cowboy... so sweet and fun... I can't wait to see what else you discover... Hope your weekend is wonderful...

~blessings~
Pearl

Tina Dawn said...

Wow, after almost 10 years a special Disney surprise waiting for you! That is so great! All the found items are wonderful. Love T

Anonymous said...

I am loving all those adorable cards!!!!