Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Stuff I've "Made"

I have been busier than usual, so have not had as much time to devote to my blog as I am used to. Today, I just wanted to share pictures of things I put together. First, this 100 year old postcard that I framed and sent to my cousin for Christmas.
She happened to be in town in early November, and my sisters came over so we could all get together. I hadn't seen her since 1990 when she met us at Disneyland. It was SO wonderful to see her. Elaine - I hope you liked your little gift!
And I had bottled some bath salts in old liquor decanters, and took them down to the shop before Christmas. This picture is horrid, I know - sorry. I was so happy that they sold! The same person bought all three.
So - here's hoping that YOU are not too busy to take some time to smell the flowers!

7 comments:

Celestial Charms said...

I'm loving the bath salts. I would have purchased all 3 also!
I don't like to use the bath salts, just display them. So pretty.
Maureen

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Love that cousin postcard. I have a special cousin that I always try to find 'cousin' items for. You have beautiful creative talents! Twyla

Unknown said...

I try to stop and smell the flowers every day!

yosemite faith said...

what shop in sonora heidi? do i know it? the town has probably changed quite a bit since i have left.
you did a good job - i am not surprised at all that they sold.

Tina Dawn said...

Gosh, where did you get the picture of me smelling the flowers? LOL. Lovely items and I am sure Elaine was thrilled with your postcard. Love T

Pearl said...

Love the Cousin Post Card... I framed the Mother and Father ones, years ago, for my Parents... then one Christmas I did the Aunt and Uncle ones as a gift to my Brother and his wife, from my son... Vintage Post Cards are always a sweet gift to give and get, I think!

~blessings~
Pearl

Anonymous said...

well what a perfect postcard for a cousin! :>

Love that last pic of the gal smelling the flowers! I think we're all starting to think SPRING!