Monday, March 29, 2010

Ham For Easter?

I like ham. I do. But for some reason I cannot explain, we don't seem to ever have it except occasionally for Easter dinner. Do you have ham for Easter?
It sounds good to me:
Looks good, too - pineapple? Interesting - I think I'd like that, too:
I also like it with mustard - either on a sandwich, or just cold with a little slather of mustard on top:

What do you serve with it? I'm fond of potato casseroles - either scalloped potatoes or one of those casserole recipes that uses frozen hashed browns.
This magazine article has menu suggestions:
Angel food cake would be a nice, lighter dessert. And a fruit plate? Great idea:
Or, perhaps you agree that a gelatin salad would be a nice accompaniment to your brunch or dinner? This butterfly idea is pretty - but I wouldn't put vegetables in it like this recipe called for. Nope - fruit only in my gelatin salad,, please:

Need another dessert suggestion? Lemon meringue pie sounds just right for a springtime ending to a nice holiday meal:

So - what's on your menu? Please share! We would love to hear.....

6 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

I am not sure what is on our menu, since we are going to a sister-in-law's for dinner. However, I would like to share a way I like ham: Ham steak and cherry sauce. When I worked at the So Cal Auto Assoc in the early 70s they had it in the cafeteria, I could eat it every day. It was simply a nice slice of ham with what seemed like canned cherry pie filling on it. Wow it was good. I might take along some pie filling next Sunday if I hear she is having ham! Love T

Lorlore said...

I do like the Honey baked Ham, but they aren't cheap and not close by. Just getting a Ham at the local supermarket is usually good enough for me. I do like all the trimmings with a ham dinner!!

jamie@midcenturymania said...

I like your new blog look. That ham looks so good. I agree with you on the jello and vegie thing. I too prefer fruit although my Grandma used to make a ribbon salad at Christmas and it had diced celery in it. I loved it. Yum.

yosemite faith said...

well tina - here in cherry country - they put or use cherries in anything possible. we don't eat ham much anymore. johns mom always made an easter ham, hotcross buns, scalloped potatoes - you know - the works. she was a great cook. thats why john does the cooking in our family.

AMIT said...

Nice menu you have.Thanks for sharing here.

Make website india

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Best ham in the world is Coursey's from Arkansas. If you ever get a chance to order one from them (and you can online) you won't be disappointed. We get one every year for Christmas. Twyla