Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Then And Now #98 Kraft Macaroni And Cheese

Good old Kraft Macaroni and Cheese Dinner!
 I don't think you will find many kids who don't love this packaged classic (or adults, for that matter?)
First, we have a vintage advertisement from 1965:
In this next ad from 1968, you can see how the logo on the package had changed a bit:

The one below is for the Macaroni And Cheese Deluxe Dinner, circa 1970:
 And a change in packaging on this one three years later in 1973:
And here's an example of one of the "Deluxe" types that Kraft makes  "Now":
 "Now" I present the classic product's packaging today:
Of course, as with virtually every product out there, they now offer it in a variety of "flavors" and types,
like the one below which has four more grams of fiber per serving than the original:
I don't know about you, but I like to add some reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese to the top when I make it.....

6 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

Yum yum. I always have been very fond of the little noodles. And I agree, the flavor is not like anything else. Great post. Love T

Diane said...

I remember the '68 box. I think the noodles look longer back then, don't you?

Jill said...

Canadian boxes have no mention of macaroni and cheese - it's called Kraft Dinner here or KD for short!!

KgReciPes said...

How I can get this box?

JimBearOne said...

Mom always bought KRAFT® Mac & Cheese Original for the family but she preferred the DELUXE DINNER with the canned cheese sauce herself and she did serve this on occasion but I think my dad liked the original so she bought that more often. He did like VELVEETA® shells and cheese that had a foil pouch of cheese sauce but nobody else did.

Heidi Ann said...


Hi Jim!
All of those sound good to me, and now I want some! Haven't had any in a long time.
My fave is still the classic box with fresh grated cheddar on top!
Yum!
Thank you for commenting; I really appreciate it!
Heidi