Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Some of Last Weekend's Finds

Had some more fun last weekend out "thrifting" with my sisters, and these were just a few of my finds. This Joan Walsh Anglund birthday plate, and the pretty fabric remnant behind it:
The Cottage Homes Of England, published in 1984, with 64 color plates inside depicting the lovely paintings of Helen Allingham, written by Stewart Dick. I love English cottages - I mean, Miss Marple lived in one, right?
a first edition copy of Julie and Julia, by Julie Powell. Perfect - I wanted to read this before I go see the movie this summer!
And I also found this embroidered towel and this Pie Trimmer and Sealer:
I love vintage kitchen linens, and I just found out that I won a copy of the new book by EllynAnne Geisel - "The Kitchen Linens Book" in a giveaway over at Lulus Vintage!!
Whoohoo!

8 comments:

yosemite faith said...

love the the last picture! let me know when you finish the book - i have heard so many things - nothing in the middle - it is either love or hate. hmmmmm. glad you got some time in for fun & thrifting. that always means we will be rewarded with wonderful 'future' posts. thanks heidi!

Annette said...

Congrats on your win. I had a great time last week. Love T

Jerusalem said...

Congrats on the win! Woo hoo! I love the Julie/Julia book - enjoy!

barbara said...

Love that last photo! A friend of mine just sent me the Kitchen Linens book - it's really fun!

Pearl said...

Really enjoyed seeing some of the goodies you found while out thrifting... I simply Love the Kitten Kitchen Towel... it's one of the more well done pieces I've seen. I'm always amazed at what folks will give away or sell... I couldn't imagine letting go of a towel like that! I'm glad you've given it a new home... Enjoy!

Blessings...
Pearl

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Love your finds! You have such an eye for good things. Congratulations on winning the give away! Twyla

Kim G. said...

Hi! I met EllynAnne Geisel at last years Farm Chicks! I read Julia Child's My Life in France book and loved it, I didn't know they were making a movie of it! Hot dog!!!!

jungle dream pagoda said...

How I love JWA,such a cute plate!!!!
and that embroidered linen!!! Right up my alley too!