Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Spray To Keep The Bugs Away

Sis Lori here...
 My son's outdoor wedding is coming up fast. The couple has had a handle on it for a while, planning and planning. I am not expected to do much at all except enjoy, that's nice.
It is outdoors in the early evening and is by a large lake. With hot weather looming, I thought we could be bothered by bugs in the evening hours while enjoying the venue. I searched on Pinterest and found a homemade bug spray recipe. Here are the supplies:


And here is the recipe: 1/3 cup witch hazel and 1/2 teaspoon each of 3 oils, eucalyptus, citronella and lemongrass. Stir well and pour in bottle with a spray top.


They needed to be somewhat festive for the wedding, so I wrapped the baroque-style duct tape around  the containers and added labels. There will be one on each table. They can be taken home by guests when the evening is over.  I imagine they will be much appreciated that evening!!




4 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

I am looking forward to both the wedding and your homemade bug spray! Coming up soon. Love T

Andy's Attic said...

What a great idea!! I'm sue the guests will be very happy with your thoughtfulness. and thanks for sharing the recipe!

GardenOfDaisies said...

What a great idea for an outdoor wedding.

Heidi Ann said...

I want some, I want some!