Thursday, January 8, 2015

More "Thrifty Finds"

Just popping in today to show you a few more of my latest finds from the thrift shops.
I couldn't resist this vintage crewel-stitched creation (from a kit) -  especially because I always wanted one of these hanging wicker or "basket" chairs back when I was a tennager. (I wrote about it back in this post.)
It's in pretty good shape, very cute:
I found some gorgeous doll heads:
A Holly Hobbie paper party tablecloth, and some cute cookie cutters:
I picked up a few great pieces of vintage sheet music, too.
This one, "Dream House" is my favorite:
I love the colorful dragon on the front of this box of Halsam Dominoes:
A few things for Easter - Beatrix Potter napkins, and some more cookie cutters:
And a bunch of these neat faces (I have others that are not pictured) I haven't actually figured out what I am going to do with them yet, but I just think they're cool:
Oh, and this angel below - speaking of faces!
Just look at the gorgeous eyes on this lovely hand-painted piece!

How could I resist a sweet face like hers?
I guess she's meant to be a Christmas ornament (a large one), perhaps?
But I will be keeping her out year 'round; she's too pretty to pack away.

5 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

Great finds! Love T

Sheryl said...

Remember kitchen witches for good luck? How about a kitchen angel.

Heidi Ann said...

Hi Sheryl- A Kitchen Angel sounds like a great idea! Maybe she can help me make better food choices.......

Diane said...

Nice finds indeed! Like that dominoes box. My thrifts have been super lame lately!

Rosie said...

Nice finds! My best friend in first grade had one of those bamboo swings in the living room. We used to swing and spin like crazy and her mom never yelled at us! :)