Saturday, July 12, 2014

What's Penny Wearing? #107 A Gorgeous Vintage Skirt

Today, Penny is happy to be showing you another one of the fabulous articles of vintage clothing I found at that estate sale I have been telling you about for over a month.
A beautiful and colorful vintage skirt:
It's really pretty spectacular. You know how I feel about COLOR:
It has a nice big belt at the waist:
Great-looking vintage, always in fashion:
Bright stripes and zigzags, with buttons down the front:
I am pretty sure it dates to the late 60's or early 70's, because I had a skirt and vest outfit  made out of a similar fabric back in 1970.
 I wish I still had that outfit!
 I still wish I knew what in the heck happened to some of our clothes from back then.  Maybe Mother and Daddy made us get rid of some of our stuff when we were moving; I sure don't remember.
 But I do still have a bunch of stuff I DID hold onto, and I am not good at getting rid of things, so I'm  pretty sure it wouldn't have been my idea.....
Maybe they pulled things from my grubby little hands whilst I was kicking and screaming and it was so traumatic that I have blocked it from my memory?
(Kidding.)
 Anyway, isn't this skirt super-cool?
I sure think it is!
(Sorry it's kind of wrinkled in some of these photos!)

2 comments:

ann @ studiohyde said...

You're right, it is a fabulous outfit!

Tina Dawn said...

I really like this, and the necklace is pretty great too! Love T