Monday, December 15, 2014

Dorothea's Christmas

I'm sad to say that our wonderful Christmas shop here in downtown Sonora, "Dorothea's Christmas", will be closing at the end of this season.
The owners are friends of ours, and they are ready to retire.
They are having a sale right now , with everything in the store 50% off. I talked my husband into going to have a look with me last week.
 If you are in the area, you should come and check it out!
The box you see above (I'm so sorry for the horrible, blurry photo), was the only one like it in the store.
 They are VERY nice reproduction glass bell ornaments by Kurt Adler; I love them!
 I also got the silver ones below, (separately), and hubby picked out this lovely bird:
Here you see the silver bells again, tucked into a box with other ornaments I have found just within the last week or so at thrift stores:
 Those bells seem to fit right in with the true vintage things, don't they?
I also found this Flower Power ornament at Dorothea's, and found the cool platform shoe  to go with it at a thrift.
Pretty groovy together, right?
 We got a few other things as well - plus I saw a lot more things I'd have liked - but I didn't get pictures of everything.
I am sorry to see their shop closing; I have truly enjoyed shopping there over the years, but I am wishing them a wonderful, happy and healthy retirement!
(Note: "Dorothea's Shoppe" in Folsom, on Historic Sutter Street, which used to also be called Dorothea's Christmas, is still open. I haven't been there in years! I think i need to get back over there one of these days. )
















1 comment:

Tina Dawn said...

I too am sorry to see the shop close, it is in such a nice location near the red church, a good excuse to do a little sightseeing while I visit. I have several of the "real" vintage bells, yours are an interesting color! Thanks for the goodbye visit. Love T