Monday, March 23, 2015

A New Page

Just the other day, it was time to change my vintage Zodiac calendar over to a new page, and this is the face that greeted me:
How cool is he?
Previously, I was able to enjoy these cool fish representing Pisces:
As you can see below, Saturday was the day to make the change:
I LOVE this calendar, and I had it hanging in my room back in 1970, believe it or not.
I am delighted to be able to use it again.
The Ram looks like he's up to no good, doesn't he?
I decided that, since the colors vary with each illustration, I would try and hang little coordinating things on the clips above the calendar each time.
This is what I came up with:
 I also had to come up with a way to hang it, and I was so glad to discover that the vintage hanger with multiple clips worked the best.
 The calendar did have holes in it from my having used it 45 years ago, but I didn't want to make them worse, and I didn't want to have to deal with removing tacks or whatever every month, as our walls are stucco.
My fabulous vintage Zodiac calendar was printed by Determined Productions, Inc., and the artwork is by the fabulous and talented team of Bruce and Ann Butte.
Pretty cool, huh?

7 comments:

Diane said...

Like the art and the way you have it displayed. Very cool! Yes, the goat looks rather conniving. Hope you post Leo come July.

EM said...

I love that grin. That ram is up to some mischief! Cool calendar. I love the way you accessorize each page on your hanger!

moonshinejunkyard said...

coolest calendar I've ever seen! I love the little knick knacks you chose to coordinate colors, and what a neat way to hang everything. I'm inspired!

Tina Dawn said...

Give me a colorful bunch of zodiac figures any month, very great. I know you will show Leo when it comes for your big sister. Wicked grin on that ram. My friend John is a ram, he can grin like that too. Love T

meresy_g said...

Hi....arrived at your blog from Retro Renovation....what are the people shaped desk accessories that you have on that desk? Do they have a name? I have a vintage Etsy shop and I recently picked up a neon pink lady with a hat that I believe is from that line and I have no clue what to call it in my listing. Other than neon pink lady desk accessory.

Thanks in advance!

Heidi Ann said...

Meresy G - I tried twice to answer you by sending you an e-mail but it was returned. Sorry.

Unknown said...

That is just beautiful (and adorable too)!