Thursday, March 5, 2015

More Thrift Finds - This Time They Are Made Of Wood

First of all, I found this delightful couple :
I kind of LOVE them.
I'm not sure why I feel compelled to name inanimate objects, but I have taken to calling them Arthur and Ethel Woodman.
Oh - and I found the nice vintage abacus behind them, too.

I also picked up this good-looking vintage cutting board, below:

And  I found this letter holder, a souvenir item from Costa Rica:

This vintage sign is a funny one - "Mixed Bathing Viewed With Disfavor Here".....

I am always drawn to the colorful things, and couldn't resist the wooden blocks in this photo:
And last of all, what is perhaps my favorite vintage skirt or pants hanger ever,
this little "Mistress":

That's it for this installment of my (seemingly) never-ending thrift finds!

4 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

I love Arthur and Ethel. It looks like Arthur has met with a couple of accidents. Artists use them to draw the human figure in action. I also have always been fond of an abacus also. Great finds. Love T

Rosie said...

"Wooden" it be nice if we could all find such cool items! ;)
love rosie

Heidi Ann said...

Rosie - Yes, indeed it "wood"!

EM said...

Love the artist's models and the abacus. I always snap them up when I find them. I have a whole set of those signs stashed in my storage. They're all really funny. When I find them, I'm going to post some pics.