Saturday, March 14, 2015

Cake: I Like It

Oh, how I wish I did not like sweets so much!
It's a real problem for me.
Most of these photos (by James Viles) are from the Good Housekeeping Cake-Lover's Cookbook shown below, published in 1967:
Not only does it have beautiful photos of cakes inside, but also some lovely little illustrations by Kinuko Craft:
Cake, cake, and more cake....
I don't bake them very often, although I'd love to.
Yummy looking towers of sweetness:
How about Strawberry Shortcake made this way?
(That last photo is from "McCall's Superb Dessert Cookbook".)
I'm not sure why I do this to myself.
Because now, I kind of want to make a cake.
Yes indeedy, I like cake.
WAY too much for my own good.

1 comment:

Tina Dawn said...

You might get a piece of cake today... Those all look yummy. Love T