Wednesday, October 26, 2011

And I've Found Some Books, Too....

That doesn't surprise anyone, does it?
I love these 1970's Better Homes And Gardens books:
Here's yet another great vintage one from BH&G; a Christmas one this time, from 1966. You may recall that I have written about my love for Farm Journal books before. I also added a little cookie book to my Peter Pauper Press collection!
This huge Dressmaking book is full of lovely ideas like those shown below it:



I love children's books, and couldn't pass up Winnie The Pooh's cookbook, either:

Good Housekeeping's "Guide" looked interesting, and I always snap up reasonably priced Betty Crocker cookbooks to put in the shop:
Most of these books were either a quarter or fifty cents, and I guess I'm a book hoarder, as I seem unable to resist them. Look at these cute vintage Hallmark "housewarming" cards I found, too:
Now, having grown up in El Dorado County, California, you did not expect me to pass up a book with this title, did you?

No, I didn't think you would.

3 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

I want to check out the dressmaking book, and I love our housewarming cards, they are adorable! I have a very hard time resisting books too. It is a good thing I am "looking forward" to some time off after hip surgery and reading a lot, I have a pile of books that would probably take me until 2015 to read otherwise! Love T

yosemite faith said...

yup - i think the dressmaking book is something i would like to look at. most of my (craft type) books are crochet or tie dye.

farmlady said...

Great bunch of books.
I think, in the late 60's and into the 70's, that we had very creative clothing. The color and style all reflected the psychedelic times that we were living in. It was a great time for dressing up.
That book called ~One Way to Eldorado~... did you see the author's name? Hollister Noble. Wow! Do you suppose it was his real name. I love it. Sounds like a character in the book.
Love this post...