Thursday, October 13, 2011

Leoni Meadows Field Trip, Part Two: A Tour Of The Homestead

Give me the opportunity to tour an old home, and I'll take it - any day of the week. They fascinate me. And getting to walk through the Leoni Homestead at Leoni Meadows was a treat.
This display was set up in what may have been the front parlor - the old time version of a work/craft room (more work than craft!):

One of the bedrooms:

An example of the vintage clothing on display:
Another bedroom:
An antique wedding dress:

And yet another bedroom:

They even had some of "my" Jeanette Jadeite on display atop the old stove in the kitchen:



Not everything in the home is original, nor even necessarily period-appropriate. Doesn't matter a whit to me; I enjoy seeing it all:

A gorgeous art nouveau-style sconce:

This crazy quilt was so spectacular, I had to take a bunch of photos of it:






And that concludes our tour of the Leoni Homestead at Leoni Meadows.

5 comments:

happileah said...

Wow, that quilt is FANTASTIC! I love touring old homes too :) Thanks for sharing

Tina Dawn said...

Lovely post, almost like being there again. It was really a very livable home. I was ready to move in, sit down on the porch and have a lemonade. (Except the day was cold... maybe a hot tea instead.) Love T

Sponge Curlers and Cupcakes said...

I adore touring through historic ANYTHING & especially homes - I love to wonder about the people who lived in them & if they still do :- ) I've been through the one at the silver mine in Nevada City (dang! Can't remember the name now!) & loved it and the beautiful gardens. If you can tell me others in the foothills I'd appreciate knowing about them - I love day trips to the foothills. Didn't Lotta Crabtree once reside in Placerville? Anyway, great pics & thanks for sharing your tour with us.

Unknown said...

I love to visit places like this!

The quilts are all amazing, and I especially love the crazy one. I would love to make things like that.

yosemite faith said...

the quilt and that sconce were great. great tour.