Saturday, October 22, 2011

Two More For The Cottage Collection

I recently found two more of these sweet little handpainted cottages for my collection.
The first one you see below was an eBay find, and a fairly inexpensive one, at that. You see, I do not come across these very often. And sometimes when I do see them, they are out of my price range. It's a nice one:

But I found the lovely one below right here in town at Mountain Treasures, (where we have our booth.)
Do you see the little applied ceramic flowers? They make this one very special. None of the others in my collection have added details like those:

Such a little beauty. It is signed on the bottom. It was made in 1956 by Mildred Wood.
Good job, Mildred - and I thank you from the bottom of my heart for making it fifty-five years ago so that I could fall in love with it today.

6 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

They are both great. I love the addition of the flowers. Wow, 55 years ago she made that for you. How thoughtful and crafty of her. Love T

Jennifer D said...

I love Mildred's house...actually I love them both. How many houses do you have now?

Jennifer D said...

I love Mildred's house...actually I love them both. How many houses do you have now?

yosemite faith said...

so cool when you find just what you are looking for. yes, i too want to know how many you have now.

Jill said...

Love those! Such a great find!!
Hugs,
Jill

Mick said...

Are you a watcher of Mad Men?! Betty Draper has a little house planter like these on a shelf above her kitchen sink!