Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Models From The 70's - Susan Dey

I did a post about Susan Dey back in 2009. But, since I am doing this series now on models of the 70's, I decided to revisit her, since she was one of my favorites.
(Please go back and view my earlier post to see many more great pictures of her.)
Here she is dressed in suede with fringe:

And wearing a lovely smocked dress:

Wearing a dress from The Red Eye, 1969:

With Lucy Angle, in an ad for Ship 'N Shore:

From a Pursettes ad:

And in an advertisement for Avon:

All of these photos are from my vintage Seventeen magazines. I love those old magazines of my youth! I swear, I wish I had every single issue!

7 comments:

Nancy's Notes said...

What great photographs! I can't believe you have your Seventeen magazines, that is just amazing and so cool! Lucky you!

Tina Dawn said...

Pursettes, forgot about those. She was so cute. Love that smocked dress, I had a similiar one, but it had sleeves. You have such a great eye for finding Susan! Love T

Tricks and Manners said...

Susan Dey is always a treat to see, such pretty eyes and mouth. I saved her "PSSST" instant shampoo ad for my junior high scrapbook!:-D Lucky me, I work in a public library with a whole run of bound back issues of Seventeen. I'd love to see you feature Anne Powers, Bonnie Lysohir, and Shelly Hack, if you haven't already.

Heidi Ann said...

Bonnie and Shelley are already in the works! I do not know who Anne Powers is, but if you had a photo to show me I probably know her face. I don't know all of them by name - but I guess I can try to Google her. Thank you!

yosemite faith said...

i used to have a skirt i just loved from red eye.

Paul Duca said...

This links to a TV commercial Susan did for a hair dryer:


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l51mTNPNww4


This spot, especially at the end, shows even more clearly that the adds what Susan later realized--she was suffering from anorexia.

Snow White Archive said...

Great vintage images! The Susan Dey pics take me back to my childhood and watching the Partridge Family on TV.

Terrific blog. Just became a follower.