Sunday, October 2, 2011

Models From The 70's - Cybill Shepherd

Here's my latest installment in my "Models" series, the beautiful Cybill Shepherd.
First up, Cybill for Lady Clairol, 1970

This next picture is from an ad for One-A-Day Vitamins, 1969:

Noxzema, 1970:

Revlon, also 1970:

Revlon, 1972:

And here she is in an ad for Wells Jewelry:

You can certainly see why so many advertisers wanted her! What a gorgeous face!
(As is the case nearly always, all of these pictures are from the vintage Seventeen magazines in my own collection.)

8 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

She certainly is a looker! I love these model posts. Love T

The Viewliner Limited said...

Yup! A real Babe! :-)

Debbie V. said...

I sure wish I had my little stash of Seventeen - I threw them away around the time I moved out :( Very nice pictures - I love the straight hair styles.

Debbie V. said...

I sure wish I had my little stash of Seventeen - I threw them away around the time I moved out :( Very nice pictures - I love the straight hair styles.

jamie@midcenturymania said...

I want those eyelashes. Do you suppose Walmart sells them??

Paul Duca said...

It WAS one of her magazine covers that inspired Peter Bogdonavich to cast her in THE LAST PICTURE SHOW--then end up in a whirlwind but ill-fated romance with her.

Tricks and Manners said...

I remember seeing her win the Model of the Year contest--1968 I think? The swimming suit competition came last, as I recall, so she ended up being crowned wearing a light blue two-piece. She was gorgeous then, and is still gorgeous now.

janis McCarty said...

I grew up one high school away from Cybill's high school in Memphis. My HS sorority played her HS sorority in basketball. She was beautiful even when she was sweaty and no makeup. All of our boyfriends would show up to watch us play against her team and we were all so jealous. We knew she would be someone famous way back then. She was Miss Teen Memphis and then won the model of the year contest. AND she was a fantastic basketball player and very unpretentious.