Monday, October 24, 2011

More Of My Finds

I always think it's odd when I seem to find things on the same day in different thrift stores that fall within the same color scheme, and/or sort of go together in some way. An example of that is the assortment of items below: a roll of vintage floral wallpaper, a sunflower tray, vintage wrapping paper, vintage avocado green Rubbermaid turntable. (The lizard earrings were free; I just threw them in for fun):
And other times I simply find an assortment of various odds and ends, such as this little vintage doll dresser that I like to imagine was handmade by a father for his little girl years ago:
An old clock face so pretty that I don't mind if it can't give me the time any longer. Perhaps I could add a new clockwork kit, and then again, perhaps it could be done by someone else:

I found a lovely little covered trinket dish that reminds me of Majolica - not sure whether it is or not, but I sure do like it!

A Balanoff "wood grain" metal Portafile:
I didn't know about "Colored Dot" dominoes! These are from 1970:
A lovely fabric remnant - do you think they are supposed to be thistles? Love the colors on this, and I only wish there had been more of it!

3 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

Great finds as always. You have a great eye. Love T

★Carol★ said...

I love it when a theme develops while out thrifting, and that little doll dresser is a really sweet find!

yosemite faith said...

i agree!