Tuesday, October 25, 2011

An Autumn Drive To Lake Tahoe

Sis Lori here: Tina and I went on a day trip up to Lake Tahoe recently to seek out some fall color.The weather was beautiful the day we chose. We went from Placerville, out to Pleasant Valley, up through Sly Park to Mormon Immigrant, onto Highway 88, over to Highway 89, to Hwy 50, into Lake Tahoe, where we had lunch, then home on Hwy 50 to Placerville.
It was a weekday, so traffic was very minimal. There was roadwork here and there, but no long delays.
We stopped roadside and took pictures throughout the drive.
Here is a photo of Silver Lake:

We found these pretty trees:

They were blasting up at Carson Pass:

Some fall color:

Not all of the trees have changed yet, it was just beginning:

This area is called Hope Valley:

Lots of other cars were stopped like us, snapping photos:

When we arrived at the "Y" we went to the left of the lake towards Camp Richardson and ate at a lakeside restaurant 'The Beacon'.

Tina at our window table:

Our view of the lake outside our window.

The bar at The Beacon. Apparently they are famous for their drink 'Rumrunner' and sell the mix for you to make at home. I did not have one since I was the designated driver, but will try it one day!!

Tina's lunch, a Caesar salad with salmon on top:

My sandwich was turkey, cheese, bacon and avocado on a croissant. It was delicious. They also serve garlic fries, I should have tried those! I will have to go back, I guess.

We had a great day, it was a very nice little getaway. Love the lake, it's gorgeous up there!

7 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

It was a heavenly day. Perfect temperature, the sky so blue. I loved the restaurant and my salad! I am ready to go again. Love T

yosemite faith said...

photos were great and the restaurant looked so cool. loved the view.

moonshinejunkyard said...

Wow, such a dream trip and perfectly enchanted day! Darin and I did a very similar trip on Friday...I'll be posting about it soon. I LOVE Hope Valley this time of year. We got held up by the blasting at Carson Pass as well; got out and hiked for twenty minutes and an owl flew overhead. How I love the mountains!

moonshinejunkyard said...

Wow, such a dream trip and perfectly enchanted day! Darin and I did a very similar trip on Friday...I'll be posting about it soon. I LOVE Hope Valley this time of year. We got held up by the blasting at Carson Pass as well; got out and hiked for twenty minutes and an owl flew overhead. How I love the mountains!

Claudia said...

Beautiful. Alas, I never made it Lake Tahoe when I lived in California - so I will experience it through your photos.

xo
Claudia

Paul Duca said...

Didn't you hit the tables...:)

Debbie V. said...

Just as I remember Tahoe - I was only there once back in the 1970's.
I should get out more.