Sunday, October 23, 2011

The Good Housekeeping Book Of Cake Decorating

I have wanted a copy of this fabulous book ever since I first laid eyes on it. And luckily, I found one about a week ago at a thrift store for one dollar. My kind of price.

The nice man at the register asked me if I decorate cakes.
Um...no.
But I like cake! Surely that counts for something, right?
And besides, who can resist beautiful photographs like the ones inside this volume? Like these Christmas ones:


A cake that is horseshoe-shaped is just right for little cowboys and cowgirls:

An adorable red barn cake:

The sweetest little procession of cakes for a shower or small wedding:

And an assortment of party cakes:

Today is my birthday, and I'm not sure whether or not I will have cake. I'm trying to be a good Weight Watcher, and being in the presence of cake makes that difficult.
I'm just happy that I have the day off!

5 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

I think WW wouldn't mind if you had a piece of your birthday cake! I love the Santa Claus cake, it is so cute. Happy birthday Sis. I am happy you have the day off too! Love T

Elizabethholcombe said...

Happy happy birthday! It's your day so let yourself EAT CAKE! XXOO, Beth

Andy's Attic said...

Happy Birthday!! As a fellow WW I know you can eat cake on your birthday so have at it!
Annette

yosemite faith said...

happy birthday heidi - hope my card got there in time. yes, have some cake on your birthday. i am so glad that you liked all the stuff i have sent you so far......

Heidi Ann said...

Oh, I definitely can have cake on Weight Watchers - it's just the having more than one piece of cake around that presents the problem!
I now have a very SMALL cake in the refrigerator!