Sunday, October 16, 2011

The Latest Finds

Here I am again with pictures of some of my recent finds. Above you see an ivy lap tray, pillar candle holder, rose party plates, and two pristine vintage floral tea towels or runners.
And below: my own sort of "Mad Men" version of a little cocktail set, with a decanter from one thrift shop and the set of small tumblers from another. All I need is a glass stirring stick (I have one - just forgot to include it!)

Pyrex, and three gorgeous vintage pottery pieces that I still cannot believe I got for less than five dollars!
Apparently, I have turned into The Candle Holder Queen. I was tickled to find the copper ones, because they are just like the ones Mother had. And I love the vintage fabric remnant in the background:

A lovely afghan in fall colors:

I found a number of great vintage greeting cards. These colorful ones would look great framed:

Here's a close-up of the tweed fabric you see in the background, above. It was being used as a tablecloth at a yard sale, and I asked if I could buy it. I think it would make a gorgeous vintage-style ladies suit with a short jacket; I absolutely love the colors.
And I found a lovely green and gold plate from England, a pretty tile trivet, and the cutest vintage fairy party plates:

That's all I've got for today.

5 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

That's ALL you've got? That was quite a bit. Love the little fairy plates and your Mad Men set. But I disagree that a stirring stick was all you needed. Where are the martini fixings and the olives? LOL. Love T

Jill said...

Fun finds! I love the hair-doo on the fairy!
Hugs,
Jill

Jeanne C. said...

Where DO you find all these nifty goodies????

Reduce, Reuse and Rummage said...

Great finds. You have an eye for colour. Love the wooden candlesticks and the plates.

yosemite faith said...

i love that fabric too - definately a jacket.