Friday, October 31, 2014

Glimpses Of Halloween At Home

I don't go too crazy with Halloween around here.
We don't get Trick-Or-Treaters, but I do like to put out my decorations for us to enjoy.
I made a lamp into this scary-looking creature by just placing my creepiest mask over the lampshade and adding "eyes" that were cut out from a Halloween card years ago:
This little vignette is atop the dining room buffet:
I put an old paper skeleton mask into my vintage costume box and added a light behind it - this is in the foyer:
My Jack-O-Lantern has spiders in his eyes:
I found this vintage Casper game board at a thrift store - a cute and easy Halloween display item:
I always decorate my little shelf in the sunroom window:
Another Jack-O-Lantern; I love the electric ones because I can just put them all on timers. And flickering battery-operated tealights look great inside these little votives:
Here's a picture (below) of the foyer display in the daytime.
It looks better at night!
All except the pumpkin mask are vintage and were used by my husband and his brother back in the 1950's!
I even found a simple mask for my pretty lady bust:
But this guy has to be my favorite:
Wishing you a not-too-scary Halloween!

5 comments:

lorlore said...

Love the decor, can't wait to see!! Especially the scary guy lamp!!!!!

Tina Dawn said...

I like it all, but the cute little black kitten inside the jack-o-lantern on the bottom shelf in the sun room window is the cutest. You really out-did yourself this year. Love T

The Brittons said...

I agree the lamp mask creation is the scarriest! Your home looks fantastic!

Tami Von Zalez said...

Great use of the vintage costume box ~

obat pelangsing yang aman said...

just blogwalking.. nice post :D