Monday, May 5, 2014

Cinco De Mayo - OLE!

Okay, so this may seem silly to you - but my way of celebrating Cinco de Mayo is to show you the latest photo I found of MY favorite furniture EVER, Stanley Furniture, from the Ole Collection. I collect vintage Seventeen Magazines, (as you may already know if you read this blog with any regularity at all!), so imagine, if you can, my delight when I opened up one of the most recent issues I acquired to find my Ole furniture featured in a bedroom!
Are you kidding me?!
OMG.
See:
And to make it even better (if that's possible!), there are also some of my favorite vintage papier mache creations sitting on top! The cat has, thus far, eluded me but I hope to find one some day, I DO have a collection of the little ladies (she's next to the lamp, there - you may remember seeing them in previous blog posts), and I have two figures which are similar to the lady candle holder - but not one exactly like her.
Something else to dream about finding for my collection.....
I know, that's all I need, right?
Good grief.
Happy Cince de Mayo, everybody!
I AM going out to dinner tonight at a Mexican restaurant - might even go so far as to have a margarita!
Ole!

2 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

Dinner was SO good, I never knew I would absolutely love cactus. Go figure! Thank you so much for your help and being here for me yesterday. I hope you enjoyed meeting all my "ladies". Love T

The Brittons said...

I have seen this furniture before! I love love love the red dresser... Great seeing you the other day!