Thursday, May 22, 2014

Great Finds

Popping in today with some more of my recent thrift finds.
 Let's start with this fabulous cheese board,  from Arabia,  made In Finland - and found at the Waste Management store!
As in: somebody threw it away!
 Golly gee, SO glad I was able to rescue this beauty:
I found this sweet set at a thrift store that usually does not yield anything too great - two canisters and two mugs that match, lovely little ladybugs:
And I got this little cutie (from Maddux of California) another bird for my collection. Now I have to make room for him in my curio cabinet! I can do it.....
I have seen lamps just like this one in the pages of my vintage Seventeen Magazines, so I was excited to find this!
It still has a working light bulb inside that's from the 70's! I had never seen one like it before so I "Googled" it, only to discover that they were made from 1977 through the early 80's:
 Either this lamp wasn't used much over the years, or the claims about these bulbs being long-lasting are totally turtle true!
Made by Westinghouse. I just think it's cool that it was still working.
This wall decoration below may be plastic, but I think it's very nice-looking:
Two vintage recipe boxes, one has the "Spice Of Life" motif from vintage Corning Ware, or at least the design is similar:
This next one is my favorite, though. A big, beautiful green glass canister.
It was sitting in a weird place - with the Christmas stuff, which some people barely give a second glance at this time of year.
Good thing I look at everything, and I'm sure glad I spied it before anyone else got it:
Some flower power found it's way into the mix, too. A pair of casserole dish baskets, a single glass tumbler, and a nice set of four salad or dessert plates:
One more thing - a sweet little set of salt and pepper shakers from Avon:
Perhaps you will agree with me that this is a nice selection of items!
They're certainly colorful, to say the least.

5 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

Wow. Love the dessert plates and your little bird with his mushrooms. Great finds as usual! Love T

The Brittons said...

Great finds! I always use a mug shaped like those ladybug ones at my moms house. Those casserole baskets! I have one from my mom also that fits saran wrap, aluminum foil boxes perfectly too. Fun stuff Heidi!

Diane said...

Lots of fun finds right up my alley! I have a tall glass like your short flower power one. Aren't they cool?

Annette said...

I am still amazed that you find so many 60's/70's things. I rarely see them around here much. I went back to see you post on the birds. Great collection. I have a collection of them, too, but not so large!!

Unknown said...

Those are some amazing finds! We'd be lucky to find even a couple of things like that in the stores around here.