Saturday, July 5, 2008

Anthropologie!

I just heard that there is a brand new Anthropologie store (sort of) near me!! It was on our "local" news stations on Monday, and I had not heard anything about it prior to seeing their reports! It's at The Fountains in Roseville, Ca. This is in the area of one of the ONLY malls that I ever go to (The Galleria)- once a year or less. Usually around Christmas time.
From the first time I received one of their catalogs in the mail (? years ago), I was smitten. I love the way the catalogs are photographed, the settings, the unusual (though, of course, not unique) items. No matter that I can't afford the clothes and shoes I love - I enjoy looking just the same. And I cannot seem to part with the lovely catalogs. My favorite thing is when I spot something in the catalog that is quite similar to a VINTAGE item that I have. But my things can't be ordered from any catalog. I do, however, have the latte bowls in 12 colors. And the one thing I might buy when I go is the colors I don't have. Do I need them? No. But, like Mary Engelbreit says "Life Is Just A Chair Of Bowlies". I am the QUEEN of Bowlies, and The Princess Of Quite A Lot. I have often thought I'd like to recreate Mary's picture - with all of my own bowls - in my own little corner, in my own little chair . (You get points if you recognize that reference). I use my Anthropologie latte bowls every day.
This store is actually 93 miles away, But I WILL be going (not sure when!) - can't wait to actually set foot inside one of their stores. By coincidence, the same day I heard about the new store I received a catalog that I had requested online in the mail. They had stopped sending them to me, I guess because it's been awhile since I ordered those latte bowls! And I had been missing those catalogs.

5 comments:

Callie Brady said...

Just found your blog and love looking at all your treasures. Thanks for sharing your finds and I will be sharing your blog with my friends and adding your blog to my blog roll. I'm a gold country gal too and sure do love it up here.
Have a great summer!

Anonymous said...

I used to have to road trip to Seattle, WA for my Anthropologie and IKEA fix. Now we have both here in Portland. And not one Anthtropologie but TWO (within 20 minutes of me). I LOVE their stores...the thing I really like is their displays and how each store is tweaked differently. Prices are definately steep, but they do have good sales. Congrats on getting one (somewhat) nearby!

Heidi Ann said...

Thanks so much for stopping by and commenting, Callie! Do you have a blog, too?

Tina Dawn said...

I have a beautiful lamp shade that is from Anthropologie that I got at the Auburn Lake Trails Spring Sale this year. I can't believe the lady wanted to sell it, it is so pretty. It has six different vintage-look fabric panels and crystal look trim at the bottom. It is lovely. If all their stuff is as great as my shade I am SO THERE! Let's plan a trip, when it is a little cooler and not as smoky. Love T

Heidi Ann said...

Oh, I can't stand it! I have been admiring their beautiful lampshades in the catalog for years! I know I have seen the one you found! I cannot BELIEVE you found one at an outdoor neighborhood sale! I am officially and extremely envious!