Wednesday, July 30, 2008

From My Linen Closet

I have found some really neat things inside our linen closet over the years. For example, these cute embroidered vintage dish cloths. A happy pitcher for your summer lemonade:
Cute tumblers -one is smiling, the other looks - maybe surprised?
Teacups in blue:
And a red bowl ready for mixing up your pie dough:
I say they are dish towels, because I truly believe they were meant for drying dishes. They are quite large, with the embroidered portion being just in one corner. More of these cuties at a later date.

8 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

I agree they are dish towels, the fabric is the best for drying dishes without streaking. I think that tumbler is sleepy and is yawning. Very cute. Love T

Heidi Ann said...

Yes - sleepy and yawning - his eyes look sleepy, don't they? I think he feels they have dried enough dishes already.

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Oh, these are so cute. I love this sort of thing. I remember my mom and grandma using theirs to dry the dishes. Twyla

Barn House said...

Thank you so much for the lovely comment on our blog! Hope you can make it out one day to visit us!! :o)

J & J
Barn House

Anonymous said...

Dish towels. Really really cute dish towels.

Sarah and Jack said...

Love these towels!

Anonymous said...

What sweet dish towels! I love the pitcher and tumbler. I don't think I have ever seen that pattern before. Too cute!!

Anonymous said...

How cute with the smiley faces. Never seen any like that before.