Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Then And Now #2 - Nestles Butterscotch Morsels

I just happened to find this postcard (postmarked 1941), among the cards I discovered tucked away a couple of weeks ago. The original Toll House. It even says on the back "owned and operated by Kenneth and Ruth Wakefield" (she of the original famous Toll House Cookies!).
Here is an ad from 1958 introducing a new flavor of Toll House Morsels from Nestle's - Butterscotch - complete with a recipe:
And here's how they look today. They do still have a bit of plaid on the package - but I think I like the old plaid better! Now, they do have the little picture of the Toll House "Since 1939" on the front. I like that very much.
I just might need to make me some of those Scrumptious Scotchies!

3 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

Oh boy, yummy! Those look really tasty. Love T

Anonymous said...

I think my aunt used to make something similar to these, I rememember having her "butterscotch brownies" with vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce on top. Talk about some gosh darn yummyness...

Karen Jo said...

Oh, boy. You've made me hungry again! I need to make some too. Love, Deb