Sunday, July 27, 2008

Black And White And Read All Over

Nope - not a newspaper this time. It's a magazine, specifically an issue of Better Homes And Gardens from 1969. I noticed so many black and white patterns inside that I felt compelled to show them to you. First up: Patterns by Avon. Paisley in black and white! If this was available today, I'd buy it. Pretty!
Cute and cool dress in this ad for Lady Scott Tissues:
I couldn't help being reminded of this great vintage Alfred Shaheen fabric (below) I sold on Ebay a few years ago. I was so tickled when I found out the buyer was his daughter! Nothing feels better than knowing your auction item went to the perfect person!
Wild! Marvalon adhesive to cover everything in sight!
Large black and white graphic floral on this pair of armchairs:
Groovy flower power on your outdoor seating by Samsonite:
And one more pretty pattern on this comfy chair and ottoman:
That's it - hope you enjoyed your TRIP down Black And White Memory Lane. I think any of these would feel right at home still today.

2 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

Groovy Man! Love that black and white paisley. The fabric on the outdoor furniture looks rather like the reverse print of the Scott Tissues lady. Great post Sis! Love T

jungle dream pagoda said...

oh how I would love that patio furniture!