Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Hot Fudge Sundae

After I posted last Tuesday about the Kraft mini marshmallows, I was inspired by the picture in the advertisement to concoct for myself a really fabulous hot fudge sundae. And boy, did I ever! I used a recipe from Martha Stewart for the hot fudge sauce, and since I didn't have the lovely delphite blue dish, I used my own pretty green depression glass dish.
Hot Fudge Sauce (altered just a bit - I used the microwave):
1 c. heavy cream
1/2 c. light corn syrup
12 oz. semi-sweet chocolate (I used Toll House Morsels)
Combine cream and corn syrup (I used a 4 cup Pyrex measuring pitcher.) Microwave on high, watching closely, and when it JUST begins to bubble and start boiling, take it out and add the 12 oz. of chocolate. Stir until chocolate is melted. I put it back in the microwave for short little spurts of time (30 seconds?) while stirring in between as the choc. melts.
Oh, my. This recipe made 2 cups of the stuff, and all I can say is a person such as myself who needs to lose weight should not be allowed to have this stuff anywhere in their vicinity. I'm just sayin'....
But, man, it's good!
I did use Dreyer's Slow Churned (lighter) Vanilla Bean Ice Cream and Fat-Free ReddiWip, if that helps. (It really doesn't.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds absolutely fabulous to me! And I am sure the lighter ice cream and fat free whipped cream TOTALLY evened out the calories, so it wasn't that bad! Hey, ya gotta live a little!

Tina Dawn said...

Oh boy, that looks very delicious, and what a pretty picture. Love the irises on the tablecloth. I am SO lucky you live far away.. LOL. Love T