Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Then And Now #3 - Kraft Mini Marshmallows

From 50 years ago, this advertisement for Kraft Miniature Marshmallows. The very top of the page says "New Marshmallow Time Savers". See - the big news here was "You don't have to cut 'em up!" I love it - in fact, I'll take one of those hot fudge sundaes with marshmallows on top - and the pretty blue glass dish it's in, too!
And here they are today, ready to make ambrosia, or maybe Rice Krispie Treats:
I might need to get a package of big ones, too - because I want S'mores! I just do. I can't remember the last time I had one. I want some with a nice cold glass of milk. So, if you are having a barbecue with S'mores for dessert - will you please invite me over? Or - better still - if you are camping nearby, can I come over? I'll even bring the fixin's!! Please?

4 comments:

Karen Jo said...

You always have the best ideas for desserts! Love, Deb P.S. I really wanted to go back to Mel's after the movie and get a hot fudge sundae.

Tina Dawn said...

Amber's birthday camping: you can come and we could make S'mores. I would love to have them too. I have seen a bunch of things on TV lately about s'mores. I also love Rice Krispie Treats. Yummy! Hi Deb. We went to see Wall-E also (Lori and I) the day before you did and loved it. Love T

Heidi Ann said...

Yum! I actually bought heavy cream at the store last weekend specifically with the idea of making homemade hot fudge sauce in mind! Haven't done it yet. Did I ever tell you I found a sundae goblet like the original Sierra Nevada House ones (think Miner's Delight!) at a shop in Auburn? Maybe I will even have a sundae in that!

Heidi Ann said...

I did think about that with their upcoming camping trip - but I can't deal with driving home at night. I need it to be closer to home!