Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Heywood-Wakefield

It's very likely that most of you are familiar with the FABULOUS vintage Heywood-Wakefield furniture like that featured in this photo from Cottage Style Magazine from summer 2007. Can I even tell you how much I LOVE this dining room?! It belongs to Jennifer and Dan Harrison of Anaheim, California. I first fell in love with Jennifer's home and decorating style when she was featured in (and on the cover of) Mary Engelbreit's Home Companion Magazine in the Aug/Sep 2002 issue. She was still Jennifer Gandy then; now she's married and they have 2 kids! They moved into a different house - also really nice. (But, man, I loved her old house!). So anyway - I think their dining room is gorgeous. I love their furniture and everything else in the room!
But did you know that Heywood-Wakefield also made these?:
These were the seats on the restored railroad passenger car we rode in on the 4th. Close up of what is on the side of each seat:
And the little manufacturer's plaque at the bottom of the seats where they are bolted to the floor:
That's it. I just thought it was interesting, and wanted to share.

3 comments:

Vintage Hunter said...

What a great dining room! I love the furniture. I've been looking for some mid-century pieces for my dining. I just recently barely missed out on a fantastic set of six chairs on Craig's List that were a steal. I was so bummed!

Monica said...

wow I didnt know they made those!!! I love that Dining room too!!!

Tina Dawn said...

That is really interesting, I am so glad you got to go on that train trip and found that out! Even though we missed you in Santa Cruz. Love T