Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Salamanders on the Georgetown Divide

A facebook friend shared some photos of salamanders found on the Georgetown Divide. These newts were seen on the middle fork of the American River and also at Knickerbocker Creek.


Apparently when they are all wadded up together it is called a mating ball.


I only see one or two around my house here in Kelsey, but I guess I might see more if I went down to the river.


And from the looks of these mating balls, there will be even more of them around next year.


I just love these little guys.


I hope they find nice moist places to hang out during the dry weather.

2 comments:

EM said...

Cute! In a salamander sort of way, of course.

Heidi Ann said...

So neat to see those pictures, I haven't seen one of those in years! Very cool.