Friday, June 13, 2014

Always Picking Up Vintage Rick Rack

If you're at all like me, you may be one of those people out there in Blogland who simply can't resist picking up those vintage packages of rick rack when you find  them at the thrift shops:

 I keep thinking I might actually try my hand at making some rick rack flowers like these some day:
From Simplicity pattern #6430 , which I recently purchased from Beth's Etsy shop, Dime Store Chic.
This pattern has such cute ideas!
 Colorful vintage rick rack will catch my eye every time at the thrift stores!
I find patterns all the time, too, that suggest using rick rack as a trim.
Here's an example, below:
I like the metallics, too:
Here's another cute pattern for rick rack crafts:
And again, even more of the packages I have found recently:
Who else out there agrees with me that vintage rick rack is pretty hard to resist?
(Especially when the price is right!)



6 comments:

Shara said...

I have a huge hoard of it! I do use it, but I always save the paper sleeves. They have the best graphics!

Tina Dawn said...

I love Rick Rack! I have an old bread box full of it. I need to use it on something! These are great ideas. Love T

Diane said...

Guilty! I use it in card making, but rarely find any while thrifting.

Annette said...

I agree. I usually buy it and then wonder what I will do with it. and yet I keep buying it!! Those patterns with the flowers are super cute.

Vintage Bird Girl said...

I'm obsessed by rick rack. It makes everything better somehow. I would wear it on just about everything if I could. My collection of rick rack is slowly growing. I don't come across it very often. Yours is fabulous! Xx

Georgia Peachez said...

I've always loved rick rack. When I was about 8 my mom made a poncho for me that was a linen color and she did rows and rows of different sizes and colors of rick rack going around it. Oh how I wish I had a picture of it.