Monday, June 16, 2014

Our Favorite "Rose"

Our favorite Rose around here is not featured in this bouquet:

It's Tina!!
 She won the El Dorado Rose pageant at the El Dorado County Fair last Thursday night in Placerville!
Lori and I had acted like we weren't going to be able to make it, and had hoped to surprise her, but she spied me when I was up at the library waiting for the fair shuttle.
 Oh, well - I tried!
There were eight of us family members in attendance.
We are so proud of her, and we were all so excited when she won!
 She's pictured again , below, (in the prairie bonnet) with some of the younger gals who participated in the other pageant that night:
 Tina also won the trophy for Best Reproduction Costume. She made her own dress, and a friend made her apron for her.
Here she is cutting the cake::
Too bad the person at the bakery who decorated the cake didn't know how to spell "El Dorado":
Oh, well.
Can't have everything, I suppose.
We have a real winner in our family, and that's enough for us!

3 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

I am laughing again. I am not only the 2014 El Dorado Rose, I think I am the very first El DORDOR Rose! LOL. Thank you all so much for coming, it meant the world to me to have so many members of my family there! Love T

EM said...

Congratulations, Tina!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations, Tina! A rose by any other name ... :)