Monday, June 2, 2014

Patterns From The Past - McCall's 3512 For A Dress Or Smock

Today's pattern from the past is all done up here in a gorgeous yellow gingham with white rick rack trim.
And if that isn't enough for you, it's modeled by the equally gorgeous Shelley Hack.
It's an advertisement from JCPenney, found in  (what else?) a vintage Seventeen Magazine from my collection:
 In the picture below, you can see the McCall's pattern up in the top left corner:
 And here's a picture of the pattern front , (this one is from 1973):
 I like this : "If you're looking for a way to say who you are, we'll help you SEW who you are".
You know: Be Unique!
Wear something that nobody else has.
And this is a pretty darned cute example, don't you think?
 I think it's adorable.
I think I'd cover it up with an apron if I was going to make cookies, though, Shelley.
 Here's the back of the pattern:
Just sharin' the vintage fashion/pattern love, folks.
One pattern at a time.

4 comments:

Diane said...

Really like your pattern posts and like the smock top styles too!

Tina Dawn said...

I love this pattern. Love T

Jill said...

This is a fancy dress for baking in! Hah! So cute!!! So very 70's!!

kate steeper said...

My aunt made me this in blue gingham with a white yoke ...weird to see it again