Thursday, June 5, 2014

Hello, Blenko?!

This was another one of my finds at the estate sale I mentioned in an earlier post.
I got there more than two hours after the advertised starting time, and I couldn't believe this was still sitting in one of the rooms!
Looks like Blenko glass to me:
Definitely hand-blown,  you can see the pontil mark on the bottom:
This beauty is 32 inches tall, including the stopper, which appears to have been cut off at the bottom:
My dear, big, beautiful, bottle, I was not going to leave you sitting there!
 I picked it up and proceeded to carry it all around the house with me.
 I wasn't taking any chances.
 If it isn't Blenko, then it was made by some other similar company of the same time period.
Midcentury hand-blown glass at it's best.
The price was fabulous.
And I love it.

2 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

Very pretty. And I enjoyed seeing your windowsill and beads too. Love T

Unknown said...

WOW!!!! Awesome find! Is there any way you could get it appraised or something to see if it's a real Blenko? But even if it's not it's so beautiful it wouldn't matter.
:)