Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Patterns From The Past - Simplicity 7440 Pullover Top With Embroidery

A friend gave me this great vintage embroidered tunic:
She didn't want it, I guess.
She thought I would like it.
I do - very much.
She thought it would fit me.
It doesn't - too big.
So I just had it hanging in my closet and then just recently, I came across this:
I could tell that mine appeared to be handmade, but I was still surprised to see the very same tunic pictured in the vintage pattern booklet.
The colorful embroidery is gorgeous:
So, once I knew the pattern number, I was able to look it up and find this image of the pattern itself:
And here's the back:
The pattern is from 1976, and so, I can reasonably assume, is my tunic!
I think it's pretty cool.

2 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

What a great gift, and I think it is a wonderful pattern. I definitely would have made it. I have to admit I think the guy looks a little weird in it, but that's just my take on it. Love T

Unknown said...

That is way too beautiful! Can't you get it taken in or something like that (or belt it)?