Saturday, July 10, 2010

Accessories And Apparel From The Thrift Shops

I found this orange cotton blouse when we were in Oregon, but I like it so much that I decided to include it in this post - some three years later. It needed new elastic at the wrists - even I was able to handle doing that! It's a pretty one:
And I found this lovely cool, crisp white sleeveless blouse recently - it buttons up the back. Nice for summer:
And this peasant blouse was my most recent find -such pretty embroidery on the bodice!

This bag was at the Waste Management Store, which means somebody threw it away. That's not nice. It was handmade, and has a tag inside "An Original By Selma". Selma worked hard on it - it was $1, and I couldn't leave it there. I carried it on July 4th:
Pretty little rayon backpack style bag, with rosebuds - this one was free at one of my favorite thrift shops:
And this bright leather patchwork bag is brand new, I was attracted by it's colorful beauty and proliferation of pockets:
And it didn't hurt that there were two little matching purses inside!
I had to get this one with all of the fabulous little shell spangles! Unfortunately, I failed to notice that it has a broken zipper. Oh, well:

I searched everywhere (well - everywhere except at expensive retail or online shoe stores!) for a pair of espadrilles, and I was tickled when I found these at a thrift shop. Not EXACTLY what I really was looking for, but you couldn't beat the price!
I surely do like it when I find inexpensive wearable, usable items!

7 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

Love those espadrilles and the white blouse is lovely. My favorte is the rayon backpack bag. Great finds. Love T

yosemite faith said...

my fave is the orange blouse. penny has such a wonderful wardrobe.

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Oh, that peasant blouse and those espadrilles are perfect together! That blouse is gorgeous! I'm glad you rescued Selma's bag! Have a nice weekend! Twyla

Jill said...

OMG, I just went to the Waste Management Store in Sonora last weekend! My dad's been telling me about it forever, so we finally went! His buddy volunteers there and fixes all the tv's. Fun, crazy store!
Love those white shoes-- perfect for summer!
Hugs,
Jill

Jennifer D said...

That orange shirt is amazing and I love the patchwork bags. Great stuff.

Laura said...

I like the idea of a Waste Management Store! Love your clothing and handbags finds!

Anonymous said...

My fav is that patchwork purse - if only it wasn't white.