Saturday, July 31, 2010

Lady Sunbeam

Gold Country Sis Lori here again:
Let me just say ladies, if you can ever get your hands on one of these vintage Lady Sunbeam electric shavers, by all means, grab it!! I have been on the lookout for a good shaver for years. They just don't make them like they used to for a decent price. I found this gem on etsy a while back, and while I thought it was a little pricey at $28 plus shipping, decided to purchase it. It was complete, even with the little brush cleaner, and in mint condition:

It works sooooo well, I'm in love!!!

6 comments:

1950s Atomic Ranch House said...

I used to have that exact model shaver!

BTW, you can find the exact same one for far less on eBay. ;)

Heidi Ann said...

Mine that is 30-plus years old is a Lady Remington, and I love it, too. It works very well, and you don't have to worry about nicking yourself!

yosemite faith said...

my mom had one.

Claudia said...

oh my, does this bring back memories! I remember the little brush cleaner quite clearly!

xo
Claudia

Tina Dawn said...

I went to the Snowline Hospice 1/2 price warehouse blowout sale on July 10th and got a Lady Sunbeam for 50 cents. It is in a plastic case, and looks like yours except it is white with a red design on it. I haven't tried it out yet. When I was a teenager I had an electric shaver that was in a soft plastic covered case, gold with a design on it, and used it all the time. I still have it somewhere, but I don't remember what kind it was. I am looking forward to trying my "new" shaver out. Love T

Anonymous said...

I have a Lady Sunbeam from about 1979 and I have used it ever since.....but it stopped cutting and I'm trying to find someone that knows anything about Lady Sunbeam shavers????