Friday, July 23, 2010

I LOVE Summer Fruit

I really do; I love it SO much. Nearly every morning, my breakfast consists of a nice bowl of berries mixed with nonfat yogurt. It might be boysenberries:
Or blueberries:

Or strawberries:
Or - occasionally - it might be cherries:

If I don't have any of the above (and believe me, I do my best to make sure I DO), then I might cut up a nectarine or a peach instead, and have that with my yogurt:
And grapes? Oh, don't even get me started on the grapes. I don't like them with my yogurt, but I DO eat them virtually every single day - year-round, if possible.
Yep, I'm a fruit-lovin' girl.

6 comments:

1950s Atomic Ranch House said...

Mmmm it's best if they are local and ripened on the bush/tree.

I'm down here in southern CA, land of the fruits and crops, but the stuff they sell at the store is terrible! Picked too early and tasteless. I have no idea why people even buy it. It's expensive and tastes terrible!

Local farmers markets are the way to go. =)

Tina Dawn said...

Right now we have bowls of apricots and strawberries from our garden. I need to make jam. I am going to make refrigerator jam today actually. What a pretty delicious post this morning. I could eat it. Love T

yosemite faith said...

john got the best blueberries i have had since moving back to michigan from a fruit stand the other day. we tried to grow some - but so far dismal results. we got our first few peaches this year - small and though not like the juicy peaches i remember from childhood - still tasted better than anything i can get from the store. this is the land of cherries - great season this year - came very early so ending early too. righ now as a matter of fact. i like to freeze grapes and put them in my water in the summet. i love fruit.

Tatersmama said...

My favorite breakfast consists of fruit salad (watermelon, cantelope, kiwi, strawberries, blueberries, pineapple or whatever's on hand) with a dollop of cream or greek yogurt on top.
Mmmmm!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

I eat yogurt and blueberries almost everyday! That's because I heard blueberries were anti-aging! I need all the help I can get and besides, they taste good! Twyla

Anonymous said...

Yes Ma'am. Gorgeous pictures.