Sunday, July 4, 2010

And a Very Happy Fourth to YOU!!

Here's wishing you a fabulous Fourth of July, and hoping you have the opportunity to celebrate this glorious day in all sorts of wonderful ways!
One of the ways we celebrated this weekend was to be present yesterday at Railtown 1897 State Historic Park in Jamestown for the triumphant return and debut of the newly restored Sierra No.3:

You know, I wasn't expecting my reaction, but seeing that locomotive come down those tracks and break through the celebratory banner actually brought tears to my eyes. It was really very exciting to see!
I'm happy that I was there to see it.

I'll leave you today with these few little glimpses of decorations here at our house:
Minnie wanted in on the action, too - she's all ready to celebrate! I believe she's watching the sky for fireworks:
Betsy Ross, and a family photo from 1938:
I like to use my Christmas tree top stars to help add some star-spangled fun to the decor!

And, as always, I'll be catching the Boston Pops Fireworks Spectacular tonight on CBS. Once I have heard them play "Stars and Stripes Forever", my 4th of July celebration is complete.

6 comments:

The Viewliner Limited said...

Happy 4th ladies! Good to see Sierra #3 back on track. Great engine.

★Carol★ said...

What a great way to celebrate, and I just love all of your decorations!
Happy 4th!
Carol

yosemite faith said...

howdy - great cbs sunday morning this morning - norman rockwell, playing for change & norman lear - did not know he was involved with that-great org & street musicians, boston pops & more plus ended with live feed from yosemite valley. happy 4th - great post heidi - a fantastic 4th to all the gold country girls.

Tina Dawn said...

I saw that the celebration was happening. I wish I could have been there. I am glad you went! Your decorations are great. Enjoy your day. I had a hard time ready the blog this morning because of the colors, but I am hoping it is my computer and others didn't have the same problem. Love T

Tina Dawn said...

That should have said "reading" the blog, not ready.

Twyla and Lindsey said...

Lovely decorations, Heidi! I hope you have a wonderful holiday! Twyla