Thursday, July 15, 2010

Steiff

Steiff makes the most fabulous and beautiful stuffed animals.
This advertisement is from 1957:
And this one is from 1958:

Here's a really nice-looking bunny rabbit:

And I'm pretty sure these are Steiff puppets in the Reed and Barton advertisement below:
We had a Steiff terrier puppet that was Mother's, seen with a non-Steiff German Shepherd, below:

Just look at this huge,fantastic giraffe!
And here's a great-looking turtle, too!
I also found an advertisement from 1992:

I have one Steiff animal - my little turtle "Slo" - given to me more than thirty years ago by Mother.

He's such a cute little guy; I love him so.

6 comments:

1950s Atomic Ranch House said...

Check out the Steiff blog one of my blog buddies has. She will do a post on your Steiff if you want more info, and ask her!

http://mysteifflife.blogspot.com/

Tina Dawn said...

Slo is a real cutie! They all are. Great post. Love T

yosemite faith said...

as a child i drooled over steiff animals and never got one. guess i had great taste as they are so pricey now. lucky heidi to have a steiff AND it was from your mom!

farmlady said...

These are such well made animals. Steiff was always the name everyone wanted. It stood for quality and the fabric was so much like real fur.
Love your little turtle...and that add with the little girl and her bunny is wonderful.

Chris Jepsen said...

Thanks for another wonderful entry. I had a small Steiff terrier like the one pictured at the top of your post, which had belonged to my mom in the 1950s. I'd never seen the puppet version until now.

I also had a larger, softer Steiff dog that served as my teddy bear as a child. Fond memories.

A couple years ago, I found a store selling Steiff and was very disappointed to find that their line for very young children is now made in China. Is nothing sacred?

Twyla and Lindsey said...

We are big Steiff fans in our household. My son has been collecting Steiff animals for years. Mostly teddy bears. They are so beautiful. Twyla