Saturday, July 17, 2010

Happy Birthday Disneyland!!

I just HAD to wish my Happiest Place a happy 55th birthday today!!
To do so, I am sharing a couple of my books. First, "Donald Duck In Disneyland", a Little Golden Book published the same year Disneyland opened , 1955:
And then here is one more: "Walt Disney's Disneyland", a Whitman Giant Tell-A-Tale Book, which wasn't published until 1964. It was too big for my scanner - sorry for the not-so-great picture of the cover!
And a few pages from inside:



Disneyland, Disneyland, how I love you!!
Wish I was there to celebrate the day.
But then, I ALWAYS wish I was there!

7 comments:

Lorlore said...

Hopefully we WILL be there just about this time next year!!! I can't wait!

1950s Atomic Ranch House said...

What a magical place, I was so glad to grow up and still live close enough to visit when I was a kid!

Jennifer D said...

Me Too!

Happy Birthday Disneyland!

Tina Dawn said...

Happy Birthday happiest place on earth! I am glad I am old enough to say that I was able to go there just about a month and a half after it opened. Love T

Unknown said...

I just KNEW I could count on you for a Disneyland post today! :D

Do you follow Kevin Kidney's blog? He designs stuff for Disney and I think you'd like it! I just discovered it this week and it's already in my reader. http://miehana.blogspot.com/

Rosie said...

Thank you for posting such sweet books. I have a small collection of vintage Dland souvenier books too. My fave books are the ones with art by Mary Blair!
Happy B'day Disneyland!
rosie

yosemite faith said...

my wireless modem is acting up so very limited access to the internet. racing to get thru all my usuals.....i went to disneyland in 57 or 58 - when my folks drove a car across the usa to calif to visit an aunt in glendale. how magical it was (and of course is). i cannot think of disney, disneyland, or disney movies with out thinking of you heidi ho!