Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Ever Tried This?

Have you ever tried cinnamon popcorn? I never had, until we got some of this from an HUGE canister my stepson's company had received as a Christmas gift. It was from Topsy's.
I packaged some of it in Ziploc bags, and while it might sound unbelievable, it's still good. If it's stale, I guess you can't really tell because of the cinnamon candy-like coating. I suppose everybody else probably knew all about this stuff, but it was new to me!

I have found it to be rather addicting. There are dozens of recipes on the web, I'm sure - but I found this one in a 1968 Better Homes And Gardens Magazine, so I thought I would share it:

Try it, you might like it!

5 comments:

★Carol★ said...

I love anything cinnamony, so I'll give this a try! I like the part where I have to butter my hands to make the balls!

Tina Dawn said...

I never have had cinnamon popcorn. Wow, it does sound good. Thanks for the recipe. I will give it a try one day when the granddaughters are out this way. Love T

yosemite faith said...

i have never had it or heard of it either. i love cinnamon!

jamie@midcenturymania said...

I suppose I can put off WW for another week so I can eat several pounds of this....because it looks DELICIOUS!! Double yum!

Anonymous said...

My mil used to work in a "popcorn store" in Anaheim. She and the other workers made the popcorn themselves. I believe the store was called Culpepper's. I am pretty sure they had this cinnamon flavor as well a lot of other good ones.
Hey that recipe sounds great!