Sunday, July 18, 2010

The Mazola Salad Bowl, Circa 1939


I actually first posted about this recipe booklet two years ago, but I only showed you a few of the salads within at that time, so I decided I would share some more of them today.
Salad Plate, with stuffed tomatoes. Yes, I think I'd like this one:

Vitamin Vegetable Salad - that sounds pretty good, too (the name makes me think of Vitameatavegamin!)

What a cute idea on this plate - Cranberry Heart Salad, obviously adaptable for different shapes and flavors of gelatin:
This is pretty, too - but they kind of lost me with the artichoke leaves. I only eat them warm, not chilled.
I can tell you for a fact that I would not prepare this Tomato Jelly Ring - but if someone else did, I would certainly be willing to give it a try! Another attractive presentation:
Hopefully, you can click on the above pages to enlarge and read the recipes if you are interested.

While not all of the selections in the booklet (and there are many!) would be to my taste, I surely do appreciate the artful arrangement of various salad ingredients on a plate or in a bowl.
It certainly never hurts to make your food look nice - and salads DO sound so appealing when the weather is hot, don't you agree?

3 comments:

Tina Dawn said...

Those cranberry hearts are really cute. I wouldn't be opposed to eating cold artichoke leaves, they couldn't be too different than the artichoke hearts, and I love those. Thanks for the recipes. Love T

yosemite faith said...

salads are my favorite thing ever!

Twyla and Lindsey said...

I love salads in the summer. The pictures are beautiful in these photos and yes, I clicked on the pictures and I could read the recipes just fine. Thanks! Twyla