Thursday, July 30, 2009

Herb Alpert and The Tijuana Brass

LOVE their sound, love their music! I remember Daddy really liked them too.
I have been lucky to find some of their albums at thrift stores recently:
I mean, Herb Alpert is just COOL - right? I have always thought so. Oh, yeah- and talented, and handsome:
Now THIS album, below? Didn't have to buy this one - there were two already here in the house! And Daddy had this one, too:
(Did every man have this one?) One of ours had this great original record sleeve still inside - I even like IT!
And on the other side - as you can see, I don't have ALL of their albums yet...
...but I'm still on the lookout for them.

3 comments:

yosemite faith said...

i have that last album as well but i am not lucky enough to have that great sleeve. i love it. right now i am too tired to get up and see what other herb alberts i have but my guess is i do. ..........this guys in love with you......

Tina Dawn said...

I remember the candelabras that looked like that. They were very popular in Southern California in the late sixties, I think maybe you could get them cheaply in Mexico. They fit in well with the strobe lights and lava lamps. LOL. Love T

black eyed susans kitchen said...

Boy do I remember that album! I must have been around 14 or 15 years old. Good times!
♥, Susan