Tuesday, July 7, 2009

My Stationery Stash

When I was much younger, and I wrote a lot of letters, I LOVED stationery. I decided way back then to save one example from each and every box of stationery or note cards that I bought, received, and used. The Betsey Clark stationery box that I showed you the other day held them all, and I got them out of storage recently and took a look through the box. So, that's what I'm sharing with you today. The card with the adorable kitten on it was, if I remember correctly, my very first one. And how cool is this round paisley paper?
Another round one with bright and pretty flowers, and I love the owl! I tried to include the envelopes in my scans, if they matched or coordinated with the card or paper.
If you don't see a special envelope, that means they were just plain white. Here's a cute Raggedy Ann, and others with bright, pretty colors:
As you can see, I loved roses even back then:
Lots of roses:
And some with cute little critters:
A little bit of gingham, and even some strawberries:
And there were a few more that I didn't include today.
I really got a kick out of seeing all of these again. And I remembered most of them. My sister told me that a couple of them were hers. I must have begged her for an example to include in my stash!

3 comments:

yosemite faith said...

you had great ideas even then. i too loved stationery but i never saved it - boo hoo! i love paisley.

Twyla and Lindsey said...

This reminds me so much of the stationary that I used to have. Do you remember those solid sheets that had pretty picture on one side and place to write on the other and there were score lines where you folded it. Me, my mom and grandma used those all the time. Twyla

ApresentaĆ§Ć£o said...

Congratulations on the beautiful blog ...
I am Brazilian, I have 31 years and I love collecting old sheets and envelopes.
My favorites are:
Betsey Clark, Mary Hamilton, Raggedy Ann ....
If you have any and want to exchange or sell contact me ..
anicarcosta@hotmail.com
Thanks